Friday, July 18, 2014

already sweaty.

May 5, 2014

This week. There is so much to be said! But for the sake of time... I will be brief.
Longest 2 days of contacting in the history of contacting. Standing outside of Big C. Asking everyone... and maybe a few dogs... if they wanted to be baptized. Not a single number. It was rough. So rough! And hard to stay faithful. Even when I know that sacrifice, that patience, that faith... all bring forth those blessings... those miracles - it was so HARD to do it. 
But do it we did. Probably 6 hours in front of Big C on Friday. 
Ohhhhh and was it hot!
But we survived. Of course - I had to! It was Mother's Day this week!!!
 
I do remember coming home that night... wondering where the miracles were. Where the fruits of our labors were. And maybe venting a little bit to the sister training leader how hard it was.......
Oh me of little faith sometimes! 

We did have a lesson with an RC the next day. That was about the extent of our plans... everyone else had cancelled, wasn't interested or was baptized. Rough life. That's why we needed to go find new people. But anyway. Great RC lesson. And as he's saying the closing prayer, I see a shadow. So I peeked. There's someone standing in the doorway. Creepy?
Amen. We look up and there really was someone standing in the doorway. Ok... so we went and talked to him. Yeah we teach. English? No. I came to learn about baptism. OK......... can we teach you right now? Sure. 
We taught him. All the commandments. You want to be baptized on the 18th? Ok! Come to church tomorrow. Deal! 
Wow. I don't think I've ever felt MORE humbled. And more blessed at the same time. 
God loves us. All of us. :) 
I'm just learning to recognize his love a little bit better. 
 
Our motto: already sweaty.
You know it's going to rain when your blood feels like it's boiling and your skin starts to melt off your bones. Other than that... you just forget you sweat. Then you look in the mirror and..... well... I'll stop there.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Sister Ellis
the ellis family getting to Skype their sweet missionary for mother's day!

oh. and another miracle. bew... our rc from a month ago. baptized his twin brother yesterday. :))))))
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment