Friday, July 18, 2014

to my dearest family and friends (who are pretty much my family...)

June 29, 2014

what a big... week. it seems like a month.

we started it off with a p-day full of touring with the members. don't really know if we did anything that spectacular... but it was a really awesome day with the people that we love. the whole day was spent anxiously awaiting a phone call from the zone leaders to find out who would be moving. nothing. all day. finally, during fhe, the elders went upstairs to teach a lesson and the phone rang. he answered in english. i know that probably doesn't seem like a big deal. until you think about the fact that... we don't speak english here. we knew it was here. then we get this text. is sister ellis leaving? is sister mullen staying? see alma... i don't think i've ever looked up a scripture so fast. "i said unto them, yea." then i had to go back and re-read the text. it was weird. all of my feelings for the past week were confirmed. feeling antsy. feeling ready to go... as sad as it was, it all felt right. then we had to tell everyone. 
not my favorite experience in the world. 
 
but despite the tears, the warnings against not talking to them over facebook... i know that god wants me somewhere else. 
 
he wants me in bang khae. (you say it like care... but don't really say the r...) 
turns out, the stress wasn't over after a sleepless night in a bus from kamphaengphet to bangkok (all the while having the air conditioning leak on me...) fitting all of our stuff in taxis at 3:30 in the morning. not being able to sleep at the church. reunion with my trainer at 5:30. changing my clothes (to look like a decently presentable missionary) at 6:30. trip to the mission office to pick up all of the stuff for our cute little fledgling branch in kpp. back to the church. ate dinner at "my" big c. that was bizarre. haven't been back yet. transfers meeting at 2. no wait. how about 3. there was a really big group of elders that died this transfer meeting. and some really dang good ones at that. we have some really big shoes to fill here. 
 
turns out, my companion thought she was moving. she got to transfer meeting... and oops! it was actually her companion that had to leave. and hadn't packed. so we finally got all of OUR stuff in the taxi... i said my farewells to my dear earnest (my bike) *sniffle* and took off for bang khae. so much fun. 
this is probably my biggest apartment yet. it has 2 bathrooms. 2 patios. (it's basically my last apartment x2) 
that's about it. unpacking. getting right back to work. it doesn't really change no matter where you are. it is nice though. i'm in an area that actually HAS A CHURCH! and AC. and... i didn't have to speak, or teach 2nd and 3rd hour. it was a very nice.... relaxing? day. 

that's the dramaztic, crazy week of my life. but it is oh so good! 
apparently no pictures this week. (i can't control the condition of the internet here...) 

but life is sooooo good. and it always gets better. i love that about this gospel. about the promises that we have from God. that if we try. if we follow the commandments, he promises us peace. he promises us joy. and we are able to find that - through the gospel. i was reading uchtdorf's talk again this week. I LOVE IT SO MUCH! how our happiness and gratitude is not BECAUSE OF our circumstances, but IN SPITE of them. that because we know the truth, because we know god's love for us and his plan for us, we can be happy no matter what. 
oooooh. such good stuff. 

love you all! 
be the happiest this week. :)

sister ellis
(or as my thai friends say: alice in wonderland) 

No comments:

Post a Comment